- Posted by Sylvain Juteau
- On 11/01/2016
- 0 Comments
- Battery capacity, Chevrolet Bolt 2017, Chevrolet Bolt Battery, curb weight, NAIAS 2016, Specs
- Categories: Batteries, Chevrolet, Chevrolet Bolt, Electric Vehicles
As predicted (see THE BOLT 2017 AT THE CES: VIDEO OF OUR INTERVIEW WITH PATRICK FOLEY) General Motors released the BOLT’s specs this morning at the Detroit Auto Show!
Here they are:
Battery Capacity: 60 kWh (no information on usable capacity though)
Output of its front wheel electric motor: 150 kW (equivalent to 200 HP)
Torque: 266 lb-ft (360 Newton-meters) for the permanent-magnet traction motor. Take note that as it is for most EV’s, the torque is constant.
Acceleration: 0 to 60 mph acceleration in less than 7 seconds (we already knew that from CES). 0 to 30 is at 2.9 seconds!
The battery charging power at 240 volts will be 7,2 kW (therefore, only a 30 amps EVSE is required to get maximum L2 charging performance).
Battery weight: 960 pounds (435 kG)
The CSS fast-charging port is limited to 50 kW which will provide 90 miles (144 KM) of range in 30 minutes.
Curb weight: 3580 pounds (1623 KG)
There are much more technical details on GM MEDIA WEB SITE:
Congratulations to my colleague François Boucher, your prediction was quite right for the battery capacity:
Latest posts by Sylvain Juteau (see all)
- VOLT’S SALES IN QUEBEC, ONTARIO, BC AND CANADA FOR 2016 AND JANUARY 2017 - 01/02/2017
- Model X : a little glitch… - 14/07/2016
- TESLA MOTORS: MODEL X PRICE FOR CANADA DROPS THREE TIMES! - 22/05/2016